LeadershipFor nursing, health and social care students
By Louise Jones and Clare L. Bennett
Oct 2018 , 160 pp
Oct 2018 , 160 pp
Leadership is an accessible introductory textbook for nursing, health and social care students seeking to develop their leadership skills.
Offering practical advice underpinned by theoretical perspectives, the book will help you to understand the principles of effective leadership and apply them to your own practice. You will learn:
- What leadership is and what skills and qualities you need to become an effective leader.
- About leadership within the cultural context of your work environment.
- How to use leadership skills to influence outcomes in the workplace.
- The importance of the leader as a catalyst for change.
- How leaders influence policy development.
- How to identify your own strengths and weaknesses and create an action plan to develop your emerging leadership skills.
- This book will kick-start your leadership journey in health and social care and help you to exhibit and unleash your leadership potential.
I believe this book will help me to develop my leadership skills and give me a background knowledge on how leadership can be influenced by other factors and the skills needed to be an effective leader within my own career, which I feel every student reading this book would benefit from.
Review on studentnurseandbeyond.co.uk, April 2019
This title is an updated and revised version of Leadership in Health and Social Care: an introduction for emerging leaders, published in 2012.
Essentials is a series of accessible, introductory textbooks for students in nursing, health and social care. New and forthcoming titles in the series:
The Care Process
- Communication Skills
- Mental Health
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- Research and Evidence-based Practice
- Study Skills
2 Theories of leadership
3 The skills and qualities of effective leaders
4 Leadership, values and culture
5 Leadership, power and influence
6 Leadership and improvement
7 Leadership and health and social care policy